[Spridgets] Computer Fun

Larry Macy lmacy at mac.com
Fri Jun 10 08:47:44 MDT 2016

Personally, I prefer Centos for local devices. But I have a bunch of supported RedHat systems and it is the closest to the RedHat Distro I can get.

Larry

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 00:15 AM, Mark J Bradakis via Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> So someone hacked into Team.Net through the web server, and used it to spew out spam. What fun. The main issue has been taken care of, but it was happening long enough for some service providers to set up a block for the Team.Net IP. So a fair number of you may never see this message. I'll be working on restoring access, but it could be some time, like several days.
>
> And meanwhile I think I will build a new server, start from the ground up. Stick with Ubuntu, or Fedora, or ??  Decisions, decisions.
>
> In the meantime I will work on getting mail flowing out as best as possible.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> mjb.
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy at upenn.edu <mailto:macy at upenn.edu>
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity. ~Abraham Lincoln