[Spridgets] Throttle cable clean & lube suggestions?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:08:53 MDT 2016

Hal,
I've got a multimeter, OK will do. I did get the continuity tester light to
light and now thinking how stupid I should have tried to pull the starter
as that's how I would know if the starter works. I will clean all
connectors and test with multimeter and use heavy gauge wire now can I go
directly to the battery then pull the starter to test the starter? I will
get a new battery if needed.
Lin

PS if the light goes on via pump power doesn't it mean the pump is in
working condition?

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Hal Faulkner via Spridgets <
spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

> Lin, Do you have a multi meter?  Since you are getting multiple symptoms I
> would begin by checking ALL ground connections. Do you have electrical
> power to the pump?  (measure between the hot lead and ground with the
> ignition on, but not trying to start the car.)  If so, check between the
> return line from the pump and ground.  Look carefully at the wiring harness
> for places where the smoke might have escaped, does the tape covering the
> harness look like it might have gotten hot and melted anywhere?  Do you
> have a wiring diagram?   Make as big a copy as you can and trace the wires
> leading to the fuel pump and anything else that is not working properly.
> Inspect these wires thoroughly for signs of damage.
> Have a beer and relax, come back to it tomorrow.
> You can do it.
> Hal
>
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <
> spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> The list serve is super slow many messages not getting through the cable
>> works but new pump not getting power. I broke down a mile away. Can I run
>> the line directly to the battery to test if it's shot? I'm thinking if the
>> fuse to the pump is still good it should work. One fuse blew at the box and
>> I replaced it. I now have headlights but still no pump.
>>
>> Lin
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM, CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Depending on the cable, it may have a metal collar on either end.
>>> Generally, the carb side will wear into the collar and cause sticking
>>> issues. Inspect it if it has the collar at the end. Look closely for a
>>> cable sized wear spot on the flat where the cable comes through. Check for
>>> wear on the cable too! If a wire wears through it can bend and cause
>>> sticking.

>>> --
>>> Kent
>>> 1960 Bugeye
>>> 1983 Garage full of spridget parts!

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut