[Spridgets] Question about mating the transmission to the engine

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Thu May 19 21:47:30 MDT 2016

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'm going to separate the
engine from the transmission, and remove the clutch. I'll double check
that the clutch disk is a nice sliding fit on the input shaft, and I'll
verify that the pilot bushing and transmission shaft are a good match.
We'll try mating the engine with the transmission sans clutch to make
sure it fits properly without anything interfering. If it fits, we'll
have to take another shot at assembling the clutch properly. I have a
vernier caliper to verify clutch disk centering, and I have another
transmission I can cannibalize for the input shaft, if the clutch pilot
proves to be too problematic.

Best regards,
Dave Ambrose