[Spridgets] Bently Manual

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 11:31:31 MDT 2017

    Ok,  my take on the "read" is this:You tighten the hub with bearing to the axle tube.  Right? Then using the gasket and O-ring you will be pulling the hub & outer race outward to the axle if any space between the hub & axle flange .   while you can not feel play in a ball bearing, it does exist.  I'd attempt assembly and check the drum lip to backing place clearance. If there is some huge discrepancy in clearance, possibly the bearing spun on the axle tube and moved the inner bearing seat slightly inward. Which could explain the situation.   Without working on it myself at best , I'm guessing here.Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: rrengineer.mike via SpridgetsDate: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 7:49 AMTo: spridgets at autox.team.net;Subject:[Spridgets] Bently Manual

     I have been doing a little research in various manuals I own to try to see if there is a method of re-assembly of the rear end hub and axles to stop a leak.  In the Bently Manual it says:  "It is essential when fithing the differential shaft that the paper joint washer between it'S flange and the hub is compressed before the abutment shoulder of the shaft pulls up against the bearing races."       What the heck does that mean?  Quite different that the explanation in the Haynes manual.Mike MacLean

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone