[Spridgets] Update: Back from the dead - almost

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Wed Aug 9 16:30:00 MDT 2017

Hi Folks,

First it is a guess but think a bad coil may be the problem with the miss firing.  A new one is on the way so we will see.

Had a new (or rebuilt) oil pressure/engine temperature gage in a box where it has been for probably 25 years and it does not work either so at least one has to go off to be repaired.

Brakes, hummm, the front left disc had a coating of oil so it was cleaned and the pads did not look like they were making full contact with the disc so I sanded the surfaces down so they are flat.  The right side just seemed a little dirty but he pads looked to have even less contact with the disc so they got sanded also.

If the coil gets here before we leave to see the solar eclipse will see it solves the ignition problems and if we have made any difference int the brakes.

Everything takes longer than I expect, old age has caught up with me.

Thanks for everyones input.

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata
2017 Mazda CX9

Pay it forward.
Thanks Frank