[Spridgets] Today's short test drive

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Aug 15 18:07:14 MDT 2017

These cars don't like to just sit and be ignored.  Mike

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Bob Kitterer via Spridgets<spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:   After sanding down the disc pads and cleaning the rotors I now have brakes.  Still not as good as I would like but at least one wheel will lock up fairly easily.  When I get back from the upcoming trip I will replace the disc, just happen to have a pair on a the shelf.  That half day job should only take two or so weeks to get done.
The coil was replaced since there did not seem to be a better though on why the engine started missing. The coil is a long story so will skip over that.  Anyway as I was closing up to take the test drive there was something funny about the carburetors.  Like one of the pancake air filters was at half mast.  One of the bolts had come out and the filter was choking off the front carb.  So this is most likely the reason for the denting miss.
So the car ran great, it has at the very least has acceptable brakes.  A new oil/water gage is on the way so that can go in when we get back.
Then it will be time for a 30 mile or so road trip.

Bob  Kitterer
1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes2013 Miata
Pay it ForwardThanks Frank

spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75