[Spridgets] Windscreen installation?

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Feb 20 12:49:46 MST 2017

Here is my go to for glass install on Bugeyes.Mike MacLean

    On Monday, February 20, 2017 7:24 AM, Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

 I took advantage of Vicky Brits sale and ordered a new windscreen in for the BE, Now I find that 'my guy' who does windshields has retired (just when you get someone good, they either die or retire!). So I'm looking for advice on the install. Last time (for the MKII) I took the frame down and had 'my guy' install it like that, off the car.
Is it easier to do with the frame on the car? It occurred to me that it's easier to hold when mounted.
Has anyone done this themselves, and if so, advice please? what lubricant do you use? what tools are indispensible? (other than patience, which I am getting more of).
And how would you go about removing (to try to save), my Dean of Spridgets and MG2009 stickers?
TIA,Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html