[Spridgets] Body stripping

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Tue Jul 4 15:17:45 MDT 2017

 Hi,
 Ok, next question, anyone know of a place to get a Austin Mini Cooper body stripped down to bare metal ? In S. CALIF. ???

 I had a sandblaster guy lined up in town to sandblast the mini body, he was going to sandblast the majority of the under body and inside, then soda blast the actual outside of the body due to possible warping with sand.  But he has gone non-responsive on me and my son-in-law wants the car done a few weeks ago.  We had a big fight, he did cut the front end off, so its just a simple small body shell now, easy to transport.

  We have the outside of the body 80% or more down to bare metal and getting all the edges, seams, etc. are a pain to get cleaned up, then inside there is not a flat surface to sand/grind/paint_remover/etc. so its time to send it out to blast.  Or dipped but I think dipped will be too expensive for him, for the sake of family I might help him with the cost of dipping, I want him and the car out of my life.  He wants this once perfect rust free car down to bare metal.

 So, anyone know a place in S. Calif. ? we are located in Santa Barbara and I can’t seem to find anyone here in town.

  Mike