[Spridgets] Early boot handle - lock barrel replacement

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Wed May 17 14:53:57 MDT 2017

Here is the answer to my own question.

Well I had the blow-lamp for another project I decided to apply some heat
to the steel bit and give it a tap.  It tapped out and once everything had
cooled down and I sanded off the rust found it will move freely.  So, the
handle is now just a bare handle and can go to the chromers.  Also looking
at the underside of the round base section it's clear that the steel piece
does  have to move back and forth and my handle it was seized.  Final note
(for  the list archive) - the handle is made of a soft, grey metal (mazak?)
that has a  relatively low melting point as I managed to produce a small
droplet of  liquid metal at one point.

Regards

Daniel