[Spridgets] Weld nut at front of wondscreen

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:55:06 MDT 2017

I'm looking for alternatives for this weld nut, I went to put my
replacement windscreen onto the BE, and the front bolt, drivers side, just
turned. Thinking (there's my mistake again) that the screw was turning in
the weld nut, I drilled the head out. No sooner had I gotten to the root of
the thread, than the whole shebang dropped into the cowl.
Now I can't mount the windscreen until I find a way to attach the front of
the pillar. The hole is ~3/8", a nutsert is 1/2" diameter (I have one), but
I'd rather not drill the cowl to install it. Has anyone BTDT, and have a
workaround that I can try? The only other thing I'm thinking is to reduce a
nut to an oblong and slide it in angularly, then bond it in place while
applying an upward load.

TIA,
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward