[Spridgets] Where do i start to fix this....

Ryan Kubanoff ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net
Tue Nov 14 11:20:23 MST 2017

Okay, First off I know Frank is somewhere swearing at me and calling me all sorts of nasty names that I fully deserve but I got lazy.

It started that my high beams wouldn't work and was too lazy to bother with the wiring diagram to find the short and there was a local "shade tree" British car mechanic who came to your house worked on the car and didn't charge much..Can you here Frank yelling yet?

Anyway he showed up and the first thing he did was adjust the valve clearances and retorque the head. Prior to this the car was running 75+ down the turnpike and idling smoothly at 900rpm.

After his work the car wouldn't idle. He claimed the carbs needed to be rebuilt as the car was only running on the front carb (75+ on only one carb?) he had me order parts and came back and rebuilt the carbs. They still didn't run right and would stall at random or miss. he claimed part of the problem is now electrical and the spacer for the carbs were bent or cracked and causing the problem as well as my lack of vacuum advance. So more parts ordered and another few drivable weeks went by.

He finally comes back to do the repairs and then leaves while I am at work (did I not mention that he works during the day while I am at work?)

I come home and he's gone.. I try and start the car and it sounds as if it running on one cylinder and then it stalls and I can't get it started again.

I call him up and he tells me it was running fine when he left except that my previously perfectly working tach was broken and he had to fix two wires that broke off.

that and the fact that my recently refreshed front suspension is terrible and it all needs to be replaced as well as my Transmission is so bad that I should not let anybody in the car that I don't want dead. "the gearbox is worn out and near death and is making a special type of noise that tells that the laygear bearing is 90% failed and will cause the rear wheels to lock and loose control".

He seems to fix one thing and then break two more.

Can you tell me where I should start to fix this mess. I do not trust anything he did to my car. Does what he said make sense?

Thanks,

Ryan

74 midget that previously ran great except for no high beams