[Spridgets] Selling cars, book, tools

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Sun Apr 15 12:55:30 MDT 2018

The time has come for me to sell my cars, parts, books and some tools.  I want to give list members first option.

The cars are a 1960 Sprite one owner/family car and a 1967 Mk III Sprite second owner car.  Both are southern California cars now located in Airzona. The Bugeye has always been garaged and the Mk III has been garaged for at least the last 20 years

Almost everything under the shell of the 1960 car is from a pre smog 1967 Mk IV. The engine, tranny, the entire hydraulic system, disk/drum brakes, separate master cylinders, the entire electric system including all instruments, backup lights, dash board, seats, wire wheels.  Rear suspension is stock quarter elliptical with a banjo from a Mk I Midget for wire wheels. It has a factory hard top with sliding side curtains.  Original factory vinyl bag for the side curtains.  Original factory tool kit in the vinyl  bag.  The car is still positive ground with a generator,  Pentronix ignition, and Putzke’s Bilstein shock conversion. The car had a full frame up rebuild/restoration in 1996. The car is Nevada Beige and has been carefully color matched when repainted with seven coats of PPG acrylic urethane. The car is running and drive-able.  This car was Best of Show at Sprite Rush and First Place in Popular Choice class at many Healey and British Car shows in 1998, ‘99 and 2000.  It was photographed for a Moss Motors publication. Is the Subject of the video “It’s All About the Car - 1960 Austin Healey Sprite” by Pure Entertainment.  The car was recently appraised at $34,500.
Pictures of the Bugeye are at:
http://www.gpsztwo.net/automotive/1960-austin-healey-sprite/photos-1960-sprite/

The ‘67 MkIII is mostly in parts but is complete to the best of my knowledge.  The body work is done and the exterior is primed, the rest is painted BRG.  Many parts are powder coated. There is new or good old glass for the windows, new black carpet with “Austin-Healey” embroidered in white.  Most of the smaller parts are here, labeled and sorted.  The 1100 engine and tranny have not been opened but am reasonably certain they will be major rebuilds at the very least.  The seats will need to be completely done. There is a spare bonnet and boot lid and there is a hard top.
Pictures of the Mk III are at:
http://www.gpsztwo.net/automotive/1966-austin-healey-sprite/photos-1966-sprite/

Additional parts include a 1275 engine, Datsun five speed tranny with Rivergate adapter kit, Judson Supercharge for a 948 engine. Plus other miscellaneous items.

Publications include: Original BMC shop manuals for the ‘58 to ‘60 Sprite and ‘58 to ’67 Mk IV Sprite/ ‘61 to ’67 Mk I to Mk III Midget.  Various books on Sprites and Healeys, some autographed, other technical date, paint colors and just miscellaneous data that has been picked up over the years.

I am interested in a package sale for $37,000.  This could be several people if the sale takes place at the same time and everything must leave the garage.  This is a very hard decision for me and I do not want to have it drag out selling bits and pieces.

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata
2017 Mazda CX9

Pay it forward.
Thanks Frank