[Spridgets] Team Net Notes

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Wed Apr 25 19:14:45 MDT 2018

Ah, the wonders of modern technology.  I had planned on sending out a
short 'Happy Birthday Team Net' back on April 11th, the 27th anniversary
of the domain going on the air.  But things happen, and a while after we
had some nice late winter snowstorms hit the Salt Lake area.  That's
where I live, that's where the server sits.

The storms caused some power outages over the course of a day or two,
some short, some longer than the UPS could keep the server running.  Not
good, graceful recovery did NOT happen.  Anyway, it took some time for
things to get sorted, for the mail queue to untangle itself and send out
messages with only a few hours delay, not 30 - 35 - 40 hours.

So we are almost back to normal.  One of the items I was going to
mention in the planned birthday message is that the searchable archives
at http://www.team.net/archive have been broken for some time. Well,
they still work for the content already in them, but they are not adding
new content on a real time basis as they should.

A goal for the near future is to figure out what broke them, fix it and
get them updated.  For the meantime, though, I updated the link at the
bottom of messages to reflect the less user friendly default Mailman
archives.

My apologies for the service problems this month, hope you continue to
enjoy the lists.

mjb.