[Spridgets] loud but legal exhaust for road use..

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 9 22:30:36 MDT 2018

Greetings,
I'm wondering if anyone uses a straight-through glass-pack muffler (hotdog) on their spridget?
I know it will be loud, and I want it to be quite loud.. since you're hard to see in a sprite in traffic (without using a little orange flag like we used to have on the sissy bar of our Dragstar bicycles in the '70s)  I like to at least, be heard.
I'm really just looking to take the edge off of the open exhaust and mellow it a little...  I cant remember the intricacies of exhaust back pressure, and whether it is desirable or not.. (a little , but not too much is good, iirc...and I"d also like to make an evacu-sump set-up soon, so definitely don't want much back pressure for that to work..).
There seems to be baffled and unbaffled hotdogs available, some with louvred internal but otherwise a straight through path, and others with an off-centre chamber  to bounce the sound waves around a bit more.
Is anyone using such a muffler ?  is it too loud?  does it sound good?
Considering the noise levels that every 2nd Harley Davidson seems to get away with, I don't want to be that loud, or harsh on the ears.
cheers for input..
Andy