[Spridgets] Air Pressure & Lug Nut Torque

John Farley jmfarley61 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:13:25 MDT 2018

*Lug Nut Torque:*  I did check and my studs are 3/8"-24.  This is what
makes it confusing -
The BMC Workshop manual for the Bugeye list the spec. as 37 - 39 lb.ft.
The Leyland Workshop Manual for later 948s, list the spec as 44 - 46
lb.ft.  Is this because the later cars used 7/16" studs???

*Tire Pressure:*  Again, the confusion - The original blue Driver's Manual
specs. Front 18 psi, Rear 20 psi. for cross ply 5.20-13 tires.
The BMC Bugeye Workshop Manual list the same 18 psi and 20 psi spec.
The Leyland Workshop Manual for later cars has an updated spec. for Radial
Ply tires.  Front 22 psi.,  Rear 24 psi.
Also, as Larry indicated, the front to rear bias listed seems counter to
conventional wisdom???