[Spridgets] Electrical Issue?? HELP

Midget Mail kristi74midget at comcast.net
Sun Aug 26 17:26:00 MDT 2018

Hi all,

So I am at a loss and I am hoping someone in Spridget Land can help.  I went to drive my midget last week and noticed that I had no working tach, fuel gauge nor blinkers.  Finally got a chance to try to diagnose and hopefully fix the issue today.  Checked fuses first - found a blown fuse - sweet easy fix right!!  WRONG!!!  I have now gone through at least 5 fuses and they keep blowing (and some even melting and oozing metal).  I am installing a 30Amp fuse which works fine for about 2.5 seconds (or a couple of revs of the engine) and then the tach drops and nothing - blown fuse.  Found that this is the same fuse that works the blinkers and the brake lights as well.  I have older fuses (the 35A fuses) but they don’t work at all.

Battery is working fine - checked with mutli-meter
Had to replace the solenoid but still having the same issue after the replacement (using solenoid from a parts car)

Any ideas on what I am missing???

Thanks,

Lambert

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget
'71 Morris 1100 MK 2
Philadelphia MG Club Treasurer
Brits at the Village Coordinator

“It is good to have an end to a journey … But it is the journey that matters in the end.”  ~ Ursula K. Leguin