[Spridgets] Bugeye side curtain some more...

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 12:26:48 MST 2018

    Lester,Look in hemmings.   Advertisers for stuff like Chevy impala anodized body mouldings from late 50's through 60's are in there.   I had aluminum mouldings for my 67 impala done buy a place in Indiana or Illinois.   There are platers that do anodized & clear finishes out there.  BUT!  most commercial platers will not go near alloy pieces or small lots!   My cadmium plater I use will do one nut or bolt but charge their minimum 50 pound ( literal material weight combined goods) weight for plating.Chuck
Sent from my LG Mob

------ Original message------From: Lester Ewing via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 12:59 PMTo: bugeye at yahoogroups.com;Spridgets;Subject:[Spridgets] Bugeye side curtain some more...
Hello all,so I am nearing the finish line for these side curtains, I have in hand way to many feet of black felt.  I have cut the plexiglass.  I have the rubber gasket ready to go.  Now about these frames…They have some nicks and bangs but are in general ok.  Chuck said to polish off the anodizing and clear coat.  Anyone have any other options?  I have called several places to see about re-doing the anodizing and after they stop laughing they universally say that they don’t do small / automotive work.  If anyone has a shop that they trust that would be welcome info.Thanks,Lester------------------------spridgets at autox.team.netDonate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation: $12.75Archive: http://www.team.net/archiveForums: http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/crusaderchuck55@aol.com