[Spridgets] Frank-ly speaking.

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 14:18:15 MDT 2018

    Progress trudges forward!Last night the rear brakes were assembled on the backing plates, drums installed and the brakes were adjusted.  Also the emergency brake was adjusted to a 2-3 click application.Remember this car arrived with only 2 rear axle backing plates ( with seized adjusters) and a rusty pair of rotors.  Everything else , including the pedal assembly and all the plumbing had been removed and were not with the car.   Next will be bolting on the calipers and installing the front hoses.   I need to fabricate the 2 reAr axle housing steel lines.  Then I can bleed the brakes!!Before I can put the Midget on the ground the reAr springs must come out to replace the bushings.   At that time I must address the damage from it loosing a wheel at speed seriously grinding & bending the left axle to spring hardware. Since the car was a F production race car, it sat a bit low.   It needs a little rearranging of the rear suspension lowering blocks to get the car up off the ground!   That will be addressed in the spring bushing and hardware restoration process.  More to come on the revival and completion of Frank's race car. Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile