[Spridgets] Fossilizing as we speak?

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:13:45 MDT 2018

I'm just 60, and my eldest,Tamara, who some of you may remember, is now 23
and a Mech E like her Dad, and having a great time as a systems engineer
traveling the country on the company's dime.
I finally did finish the MKII that blew its 2nd gear the Sunday before the
MKII 50th, and sold it in lieu of a '66 Mustang 289, that's still on
stands.
I joined the email list in '95-'96 or so, I pulled the Holy Sprite from
west Colorado to east Colorado, handing it off to Jim Johnson.
I still don't know exact;y who I helped out in Elkhart Lake, when their
alternator lead melted a hole in their oil filter and they needed a proper
crimp tool- Glen Byrns maybe? - it had a Suzuki engine in it.
Anyway, being in Elkhart Lake affirmed to me that I'm not crazy (ok, maybe
not totally crazy) and that there are a great group of people out there who
have the same type of mindset- If you need help, just ask, I'll do what I
can. But... you've got to ask, otherwise I don't know you need help.
I'm in for chuck's project, I have a brand new 649 profile Kent cam just
sitting around, along with a Superflo oil pump to match and a complete 940
head-skimmed .010" IIRC, no rockers though.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward