[Spridgets] Mega Squirt?

Glen Byrns grbyrns at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 08:34:25 MDT 2018

I see what you mean  with two supply points for charge.  With the wet-turbo/single point injection, a constant supply of charge is equally supplied at each open intake valve.
I'm using a 44lb Lucas injector that meters down to a nice smooth idle and plenty of fuel for full on, bury the pedal 10 lb boost.  The intake manifold is a relative simple log with no clever smoothing or branch-length computations. Welded out of iron gas pipe if the truth be told.  Proof of concept delivered when the stoplight goes green.

One nice feature of Megasquirt is the ability to deal with the top end in a way that preserves the pistons.  I've set up fuel and timing tables to ramp up the enrichment and dial back the timing indexed to the boost.  Lacking a waste-gate, I drawn the line in the sand with both fuel and timing tables.  As boost approaches 10 lbs or rpm hits 6.5k, Megasquirt starts to drop spark for a "soft limit".  Finally a set of pistons with a life measured in years instead of months!

Glen