[Spridgets] Frank...ly?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 14:46:44 MDT 2018

    Hello all!Time for a "what's up" with that Midget update.Things are progressing .I'm deep into the dissection of a stock complete wire harness.  I've removed ( unwanted circuits) & repaired everything from the left lighting connection area all the way up to the leg to the fuse box and completely rewrapped all of that portion.   All of the wiper/washer and heater wires and plugs are now all removed too. There is a little rewiring and repair to do in the aerea of the steering column where repairs were done long ago.   This is amazingly tedious stuff to do once and right.My progress slowed when Mary Anne was hit by the out of controll corvette at the finish line ( our flagging & communication station)At fall weatherly hillclimb.    I was just regaining momentum when on Monday I was notified, my father passed away.   Now I'm not a real ball-O-fire with time in my shop.Services for my father are Saturday.I do have the dissected harness and a pristine bone stock harness ( point of reference!  I'm NOT hacking that one up!) in the house.   If I'm up late & can not sleep, I'm tinkering with the dash layout and reconstruction of the harness.  It will end up as a dedicated complete harness that is very minimal in functions & weight.   The 8 gallon fuel cell is in it's infancy right now.  The container is going to be aluminum.  The lug or what ever it's called for the spare tire in the trunk has been removed so the cell can be mounted right in the trunk flat on the floor.  I Have the door latches all cleaned and lubricated ready for reinstallation. The drive shaft is assembled and installed too.I'm wiring in a MSD box with a rev limiter.  That is all part of the harness construction.  All the lighting Will be plug-N-play with all factory colored wires and connectors.  Everything will be soldered and heat shrink tubing applied where needed.  Like I had planned for my 1961 saab 96 project I was going to be working on in 2018...Well...right now I have responsibilities to tend to.   Then back to the shop.That's it for right now.ChuckI THANK everyone for their support!Sent from my LG Mobile