[Spridgets] Auto Experts: Not LBC but stupid fuseable link needed for my truck..ugh.

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 14 10:15:10 MDT 2019

Linda,

Fusible links are just wires, but they do have a special type of insulation on them that won't catch fire and burn your pickup down when they blow.  That's why it's not a good idea to replace then with regular wire.

If the Datsun part is not available then you will have to make one using links from another car.  Why did your's blow?

The rubber bumper Midgets do have fusible links.  The older cars just have regular old fuses.  Sometimes it's cheaper for the manufacturer to just insert a fusible link in a circuit than running wires to and from a proper fuse block.  I always thought they were an afterthought.  Car designer says "Oh jeez, we need a fuse here!"  Accountant says "Just put in a fusible link and we'll save twenty cents over doing it right. "

Rick

Sent from my keyboard