[Spridgets] Exhaust concerns?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 09:29:22 MST 2019

My exhaust concerns are based upon hillclimb courses.   I'm quite certain I would be fine on a road course with an under car system.  Hillclimbs we run here with the PHA ( Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association) are on closed ( for the event) public roads.  One specific event ( Weatherly Hillclimb) has a very noteworthy "jump" with lots of trees and huge granite boulders on both sides of the course.  Cars that carry any speed or have enough horsepower to accelerate through the right hander that proceeds the jump get momentarily airborne off the jump.  I literally hurt my back coming off the jump doing "exhibition runs" ( no longer allowed) with my Bugeye years ago and the header & exhaust did momentarily make contact upon landing.  The Bugeye has a Longman LCB header and the entire system is tucked up against the floor for the entire length.  Yes the header was sectioned so the collector exit was about 1/4" away from the footwell underside.My side exhaust set up was designed by the person who originally designed ( allegedly) the first through the tunnel system used in SCCA competition.  My next question is using a reverse cone megaphone to improve extraction and straight pipe thereafter or like the old days a megaphone .   thouggts?   Now no top secret stuff.... LOL!   ChuckSent from my LG Mobile