[Spridgets] Is the list really this quiet?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 10:28:28 MST 2019

I 've never used social media besides spridgets list and the vintage saab lists I've subscribed to since what almost seems to be the beginning of time.So many organisations and groups have moved to Facebook.  Both Mary Anne & myself have never had accounts in the Twitter Facebook world.  Concerns over big brother harvesting personal information and stories about very personal things not related to my vehicular passions are being well founded since America's last election and other areas has me almost frightened to check out a public social media site.Paranoid?  I do not think so, just cautious about where I go and post anything.Is everyone really on a spridget Facebook site?Then my question is why?  What benefit has that proven to offer over what existed here?Members here have ferried cars from coast to coast and shared top secret rare parts from collections far and wide to keep our cars running or complete restorations around the globe.   So ok, then what's wrong with the spridgets list or so bad that some migrated away.  I'm not on a podium pounding my fist and wringing my hands over this.  Simply excuse my ignorance , not understanding the attraction to move from a good very functional forum to another?.And sadly I concede to the fact of many list members ive known from a long time ago have passed away.  But that should not be "the" reason for lacking posts or numbers of subscribers.   Or is it?Chuck

Sent from my LG Mobile
------ Original message------From: Charlie Shelden via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Jan 27, 2019 12:09 PMTo: derf;Cc: Spridgets;Subject:Re: [Spridgets] Is the list really this quiet?
Are a lot of the listers on a specific Spridget group on Facebook?

Sent from my iPhone