[Spridgets] 1275 block identification or year made?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Fri Nov 1 10:16:15 MDT 2019

1 very rusty 1275 bare block came with the parts that came from parts that were with the Midget.12C/DA/H25784 is on the tag.?? ??Alloy 1275 tag riveted to the block and about 5/8" thick oil pan flange.?? ??Also fuel pump area is not machined.What year is / was it??? ??All guesses welcome.The motor I am disassembling has these identifying marks:12V/587Z/L15266 on the tag.?? No riveted 1275 tag ( no , no sheared off rivet or rivet hole) block is about 1/2" at the oil pan flange.It has a fuel pump block off plate bolted to the block.Both blocks have "12G" over "1279" cast in raised letters / numbers on the very rear of the left hand side of the block.????Why am I asking??? ??After years of working in both shops and parts departments I know there are certain things that may or may not need a little more identification besides a resounding "all of those 1275's are the same, pick a year from your catalog".Thank you!ChuckSent from my LG Mobile