[Spridgets] A shifter question?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Nov 10 01:06:07 MST 2019

On Saturday I was fooling around with the mirrors and seat placement.?? ??Like some kid dreaming of driving dad's car very soon I was sitting in the car and tried the shifter.?? Great it shifts!?? ??But its the most unsettling feeling shifter!?? WHY??? ??I have a repro black spridget shift knob in the car.?? The rubber insert in the base of the knob is so spongy it feels like I could throw a gear and rip the knob off the stick!My question is this:Those of you who either race one of these or drive VERY spirited , what are you using for a gear shift knob??? I liked the original looking black one with the nice shift pattern inset in white.?? Looked nice.?? But I can feel , sitting still that pretty knob is going to fail...and do so at a very inconvenient time.Pictures or manufacturers??? ??And yes I have an old beer tap handle from nack in the 70's & NO it's not going in the Midget...LOL!ChuckSent from my LG Mobile