[Spridgets] 1967 1275 difrent compared to later ones?

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 05:39:53 MST 2020

The center web is somewhat random. A little bit of dremel work to smooth the hole (if present) has superstitiously worked for me. I have never had a thin-flange or open web block fail. I had a miracle race motor that never had any issues for 10.9 years with a web ot anything else until a rod bolt failed at 8200 rpm. Even that block is getting sleeves and re-used.

As for the thin flanged blocks, I gave one to Jeff Porasik in 2004 and it has been in constant use since, currently in Virginia region. I sold a thin flange block to Jeff Kelly last year, which I would never do if I didn’t believe they are absolutely fine, especially for street use.

Ron Soave