[Spridgets] Bugeye diff

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 17:56:33 MST 2020

According to Horler, everything after VIN 150000. August 1977 and beyond
had the 3.73:1 differential.
There were a number of other changes at the same time, but I don't remember
what they were.
If you find a donor, get the axle shafts, too. The best stock shafts were
from 1970 on, I believe. Bugeye axles were the worst. Also make sure the
1500 accelerator pedals do not get thrown away as well as the radiator
shroud. The 1500 shroud fits a 1275 just fine, but it is enough shorter to
move the radiator a little further from the engine. Not a good thing if you
are using the plastic engine-driven fan, but it IS a good thing if you want
to slip an electric fan between the radiator and the engine.
David Lieb