[Spridgets] Blasphemy? Or matter-anti matter?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 16:19:22 MST 2020

In a wacky I need something now situation the following transpired:Building this 1970 MG Midget has been just an amazing experience.  I plan to install an internally regulated alternator and the wire harness is modified accordingly.   I have 1 alternator currently and it will not work.   So I decided to install a bone stock Lucas generator , simply to tension the fan belt to make the water pump work.  Great!   I have a complete 948 thats siezed , I'll rob those bits and all will be fine.  Generator is misding it's pulley!  No problem i have 1 more Lucas generator , but DRAT it has a plastic pulley/ fan and a chunk of the darn pulley is missing ( hmm what are the chances of that..right?) why couldn't the cooling fan be broken and the pulley be ok?   Well this morning I had a brain storm!   My 1960 Saab 93F race car has a Bosch generator...i have parts for these and some loose bits on the shelf.   What are the chances of a german made metric pulley fitting a British made non metric armature shaft and key?   It was a tight fit but my 1970 Midget project now has a Saab ( SAAB & factory part number cast in raised charachters on front of pulley) Bosch pulley on a MG Lucas generator simply to tension the fan belt for the engines eventual test fire.Hmm England & Germany working together....It's been one of "those days".....This project is slowly coming together.   Presently it has an unknown used engine that turns freely which is amazing since it was removed in 1985 ( removal date was on the piece of petrified duct tape stuck on the valve cover!) rom a 1968 car according to the tag riveted to the top off the block.  Stories like this I figure are just too odd to not share!  This motor will be removed once I am able to complete the intended well massaged 1275 I have been working on for the car.  ChuckSent from my LG Mobile