[Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 21:04:09 MDT 2020

We’re getting by here in Roscoe, IL, still playing with Spridgets and TRs and Spec Racers. Exponential growth is a dizzying thing, and I love our guy Dr. Fauci. He doesn’t care about politics.

Fortunately, our small business has a department of defense component, and more importantly right now we are 35% medical  actuation, so we are hoping to avoid a shutdown. We’ve been asked to ramp up production of an actuator we make (YouTube search Zoll Autopulse; that’s our actuator in the guts of the machine), and we are rapidly working to help with ventilator demand. Conservative models show we will need 100,000 more than currently exist. I now know a person who has it, a healthy 40-something Colorado ski bum who air bnb’d her place to an Austrian who had it. She is just coming off 5 days of 102F to 104F fevers.

Stay safe, all.

Ron Soave