[Spridgets] Harbor Freight Jack Stand recall

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:15:16 MDT 2020

The recall is because these jack stands were not manufactured correctly.
Either the Prawl or the ratchet groves or both were cut flat instead of
being undercut.  That undercut is needed to insure that the ratchet can't
release with weight on the stands.  If you are worried about your stands
(and you should be, no matter where you bought them), you can check them
easily.  With the Prawl in EACH of the groves, lift the release lever.  The
upper part should raise up as the undercut lifts the ram out of the
groove.  You should do this check on each of the groves every time you use
your stands.  Even if they were made correctly they can wear over time.

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =