[Spridgets] Grattan Spridget Paddock Assignments

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 18:11:32 MDT 2021

Criteria for 2021Grattan Parking

(Revision 8/6/2021)

This is our 10th year for the SMRS (Sprite MidgetRace Series).  We are very thankful forsome of our Texas friends who are bringing some very special one off SpritePrototypes as part of the celebration. We have had a great turnout of 26 racing Spridgets and counting at thistime.  Our Spridget Paddock area islimited and I am asking that you unload your race car and place it under yourportable awning next to your enclosed trailer (this allows most racers to have10 foot to park your trailer perpendicular to road and 10 foot for your awning).  If you have an open trailer you can unloadyour car and gear with a 10-15 foot space perpendicular to road and locate yourtrailer in another area.  I am requestingthat you place your tow vehicles on the outside of the track so there will bemore room in the Spridget Paddock.  Allcrew cars will also be parked on the outside of the track.  The only exception will be those with specialexceptions.  A criteria for who will beallowed a parking site within the Spridget Paddock was necessary honoring thosethat have contributed to our club.  Wewere not able to expand our typical Paddock Space.  I know this is not what we had hoped for, butwith the increased numbers overall for Grattan it has made it necessary toestablish a criteria for paddocking in our traditional Spridget Area.  The attached map shows who will be givenspecial colored tags to enter the Spridget Paddock, which you will receive atregistration from your car.  Stan Masonwill be assisting with placing you into the appropriate Spridget Paddock location.  These decision were not easy and is not apersonal decision.  The following is thecriteria for those selected:

·        SMRS Supporters (Awards, Poster, Sponsors)

·        VSCDA Officers and Workers (position, eventchairmen)

·        Open trailers (that eat up less room and can beplaced on row 2 west end)

·        Texas Guests

If there are any of the people listed on the map that wouldlike to be located outside track please let me know soon.

All other Spridgets joining us will be located on theexterior of track at top of hill near the front straight.

I appreciate everyone’s understanding in this unique year.

I look forward to seeing everyone for this great event.

Stan Mason