[Spridgets] Fwd: Grattan Follow-up

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 02:23:35 MDT 2021

I thought I would provide an update, pics from Chauncey Moran along with youtube video of that fabulous Sprite Prototype at Grattan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p5xWqHiXLY

I wanted to recognize Dave Kessinger and Mark Maehling for getting the stunning awards and Tshirts out in time for Grattan.  Because of Covid19 and other issues the awards were coming in later than anticipated and I was uncertain if we would have them for the end of season awards at Grattan.  Dave had them air shipped and I received them just prior to leaving Thursday Morning for Grattan.  Mark Maehling went out of his way to pick up other items from Dave prior to Grattan to make this a great Grattan.
As many of you know 948cc Bug Eyes were the only engines allowed in SCCA H Production Class up until recent years.  Many thought that 948 were diminishing in Vintage Racing.  We proved that all wrong when we had the largest gathering of 948s at any Vintage event that I am aware of, with a Grand Total of 6 of us.
Thanks to all again that made this such a special event in so many ways.
Enjoy a Spridgetly Life!!Stan