[Spridgets] Rear main seal

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Fri Nov 26 12:54:17 MST 2021

Thanks for the mention, Rick.

Due to some minimum quantity requirements, I have just a few of the 948/1098 and 1275 kits still available.

Provided there’s not so much wear on the main cap/half moon that the tolerance is beyond the scroll function working correctly, setting up a Smiths PCV will indeed help minimize, if not cure the leak while the engine is running. Otherwise, an align bore to restore air gap tolerance is the only remedy until it wears again.

The issue with the other kits commonly available is that the air gap, which should only be a couple thousandths, is increased to over 1/4” (over the diameter). In other words, the scroll function is completely discarded/not functional. At some point, the lip seal becomes overwhelmed with oil and internal pressure pushes the oil out anyway. My design not only retains the scroll function but also restores the correct tolerance without machining. There are several other superior design features that improves fit and function.

An extensive review, explanation of installation, and endorsement is available at the link below.

Anyone interested can send me an email for more information or interest in acquiring one.

Gerard

https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mg-midget-forum.3/gerards-garage-a-series-rear-seal-kit.2681890/#msg-2681890

Sent from my iPhone