[Tigers] August Bonneville Meet

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Aug 2 17:04:54 MDT 2007

Well, it is getting very close to time to go. I will finish loading the
trailer this weekend and head to the salt on the 9th. We will be staying
at the Motel 6, room 209.  Now having said that, there is a real danger
that the meet will be cancelled. Right now the salt is flooded from all
the rain in the area. Some of the old timers think it will evaporate if
no more rain falls..but that was yesterday and more did fall today. So,
if you were planning on going to watch and this would be a good meet for
that with more than 500 cars and bikes I suggest you surf onto
http://www.scta-bmi.org   for the latest conditions. I will also post a
note if it is a go or not.

Right now, the car is a s good as it is gonna get this year. No extra
tuning but massive changes to the air induction system. Ditto for the
cooling system.  With all of the changes, I decided I would just run
last  years tunes as a base line and see what the data logs show. I now
have a manifold pressure sensor as well so that is new. The changes  to
the cooling system were to put the radiator into a 13 gallon water tank
and plumb in a pump and another 10 gallons of water for cooling.
Remember a run only takes 2 minutes at the speeds I run. So this should
be good...  If there is any interest I can supply the spreadsheet I used
to size the cooling system, just ask.

As far as I know, National Geographic is not coming around for round 2,
lol. Oh, there will be 2 hydrogen powered vehicles there. One is a FOrd
Fusion set up to run fuel cells and the Buckeye Bullet from Ohio State U
with mainly Ford fuel cell system both will be there. I usnderstand
other special cars will be there as well. The August meet is always
special for the number of cars that are there and every pit will just
about welcome you with open arms. If they are thrashing to get the
vehicle going might just be better to stand back and watch however. I
will be there in the big red Spirit of Sunbeam logo'd trailer, so I will
be easy to find.

Hope to see al lof you there! (if it goes,....)

mayf