[Tigers] engine options

Cliff Alexander mk1a at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 5 01:51:45 MDT 2007

Tony--  I recently did the engine update in my Tiger that you are thinking
about. I used the Ford crate motor and Tom Hall's T-5 conversion kit.
Installation was smooth and easy. I used my existing headers with no issues.
	One word of advice, use a Centerforce clutch. I used the Ford "King Cobra"
heavy duty clutch and was unhappy. So unhappy that with less than 1 week
before we left for TUXXX, I removed the engine and trans and replaced the
clutch with the Centerforce. If you or anyone on the list wants a Ford
Cobra clutch with less than 1000 miles on it let me know.
	I live in the SF Bay Area and the drive up to and back from TUXXX was
great, with the T-5 I was turning around 2000-2200 RPM at 70 to 80 MPH.

	Cliff