[Tigers] Performance Products Airflo Air Cleaner add in

Ronak, TP (Timothy) Timothy.Ronak at crna.akzonobel.com
Sun Aug 5 22:14:16 MDT 2007

Listers,

OK I installed the Performance Products "Airflo" by removing the air
cleaner lid and enlarging the hole in the Airflo unit to fit over the
Tiger original lid bushing tube that protrudes down from the air cleaner
lid. It was a half inch hole. I simply slid it over the carb stud and
tightened down the lid ... took about 5-10 minutes. Now that it is
installed two immediate changes. 1) The car no longer will idle cold and
needs to be COMPLETELY warm and 2) once warm it now idles about 150 RPM
higher. This is REALLY weird but seems to indicate that there may be
something to this component ... NOW I AM REALLY curious!!!!!!!!!!!! This
little device may help our very restrictive air cleaners a LOT! By the
way ... no I did not bump anything or adjust anything else ... I simply
installed this thing under the air cleaner lid.

I left my car a little fat at idle as I have no choke and it is more
convenient to let it chug away and warm up. Now I need to babysit it as
it lean starves I will now readjust the idle mixture screws a little. I
had also precisely adjusted my idle to sit at 825-850 RPM at idle hot.
Now it is running 950-1000 RPM and I will need to crank the idle down a
bit.

While this is a little subjective until I run the thing on the dyno ...
I am already sold.

It seems now to be running leaner at idle.

OK I really want to try this thing on a dyno ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan on getting with Darrel Mountjoy (neighbor) and trying one on his
Street Tiger to see if we repeat the result on a stock configured car.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant

Akzo Nobel Coatings