[Tigers] T-5 in Tigers

Carmods at aol.com Carmods at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 13:52:20 MDT 2007

Steve Coleman says,
So a S-10 tail shaft will fit on the World Class transmissions.   Year of S-10
tail shaft, part# of World Class trans to use? You could start a  new thread
for plenty of talk.

I believe any Chevy S-10 tail shaft housing will fit any T-5. The  problem
comes in adapting the speedometer drive to connect with the driving  gear on the
Mustang WC T-5 output shaft.  There are S-10 tail shaft  housings for the
older mechanical speedo drives and also the newer electronic  pick-ups. My son
converts either housing to match the WC T-5 when he has  time. I have wanted to
see if the Chevy output shaft can be used in the WC T-5  with the S-10 housing
so that the Chevy speedo gears could be used. Does anyone  know?

John