[Tigers] Hood Release Tricks

gharlowe at comcast.net gharlowe at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 15:28:45 MDT 2007

Listers -

I could use some tricks to release the hood from its catch.  The yoke must
have slipped off the pin in the release mechanism (cotter pin not
installed).  When I pull on the hood release, nothing happens.  I managed to
remove the bolts at the hinge in the front of the hood by reaching through
the grill, so the front is free to move, but I've had no luck releasing the
catch at the back.  There's no clearance at the windshield to slide anything
inside.  Any recommendations?

After hearing some stories, I had planned to install a back-up cable for the
pull mechanism (not to mention the obvious cotter pin) but that was always
lower on the priority list.  Please learn from my lesson!

Thanks as always...

Graham Harlowe

B382001466