[Tigers] flow kooler

e.coiner at cox.net e.coiner at cox.net
Wed Jul 18 13:13:32 MDT 2007

If you KNOW your 260 is completely stock then you want 8842 the one Edelbrock says is for the 65-67 289 special.

Ford made a running change to the water pump  some time in late 65.
They changed the front timing cover at the same time. So parts are not interchangeable.  You must use the water pump that works with the timing cover on your engine.
Remove your water pump. If you can see the impeller, then buy 8842.
If the water pump has a steel plate held on by two bolts that prevents you from seeing the impeller, buy 8841.

Ford also change the pump material.  Original pumps had an Aluminum body.  The pumps with the backing plate were made from Cast Iron.
In some Mustang parts catalogs you will see them listed as Cast Iron or Cast Aluminum pumps.

Erich