[Tigers] oil filter adapter

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Mon Jul 30 10:15:05 MDT 2007

I found an adapter on a Ford van that works on my Tiger. While I believe the
CAT shop notes mention an early Ford van this was likely an early 80's and
might have been a big block at that (frankly I was paying more attention to
the shape than the application).  Not only does it offer the 90 degree turn,
but it kicks out to the side at a slight angle as well. I think I paid $3-$5
at Pick A Part for it.
 Since I'm running stock manifolds I'm not sure how this works with various
headers. However, it does clear the suspension, tires etc. while still
making easy access and possibly puts the filter into a wind stream that aids
cooling. There was a small amount of filing that I did near the crossmember,
but then, my mounts are old too.
 If anyone has more interest I can send a photo.
Tom