[Tigers] Chrome Thermostat Housings

Brent Edinger banana111 at msn.com
Tue Jul 31 15:09:18 MDT 2007

   I had one rot throught after 4 years. With out warning it blew out and
   made  a  big mess. I put a zinc anode in the system to see if it would
   prolong the life of this thing.

             Brent   B9471023

   Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:37:40 -0700
   From: Tom Hall <modtiger at comcast.net>
   Subject: [Tigers] Chrome Thermostat Housings
   To: tigers at autox.team.net
   These are a very nice appearance piece and generally seal quite well
   with the double cast O-ring seal if your intake has not corroded
   excessively in this area.  They are made from a diecast material that
   has a limited service life expectancy.  I'd advise you to carry one
   as a spare or change it every three years or so.  The normal failure
   is corrosion through the outside wall with no warning.
   Tom Hall
   ModTiger Engineering LLC
   www.tigerengineering.net