[Tigers] alpine on eBay...again

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at dynastream.com
Thu Sep 13 12:45:45 MDT 2007

I also sent him an email but he didn't reply. Basically I told him the
same thing: It looks like someone "rebodied" a Tiger and then added on a
bunch of other questionable bits. Basically he's in a tough spot. The
car has at least a state-assigned VIN and maybe a JAL plate (Alpines
have SALxxxxx) that points to it being passed off as a Tiger at some
point, but that's obviously not what it is, so if he advertises it as a
Tiger he's committing (at least) false advertising, and if he presents
it as a tarted up Alpine then he can't explain the origin of the VIN
plate. Since it's a state assigned VIN he's probably best off doing the
latter.

The fact that he's got a 947xxxx serial number on a body that's
obviously an Alpine V (or mid to late Tiger Mk1A) is also an issue from
the authenticity point of view, but the fact that it's a state assigned
VIN would probably save the car from the crusher. He can always claim
that they messed up the numbering when that happened.

Theo