[Tigers] Tiger crossmember

Harry B. Elam harryb at elams.org
Wed Dec 10 19:24:48 MST 2008

I too have removed and reinstalled the front cross member in both my
tigers. I have only done this with both A-arms in place, and normally
with the tires in place. There have been times when there was binding.
In every case the angle was wrong. I usually have the body suspended
from above or stationary on jack stands. I have used a floor jack to
rotate the front suspension to the appropriate angle to slip past the
frame rails. I actually believe that having the tires in place is a plus.

Contact me off line if you wish more details.

Harry Elam
B382002027  Long gone
B382000471 my only street car.