[Tigers] Fifty Worst Cars List

DERRICK SCHMIDT glowboy at starstream.net
Wed Jan 2 13:48:22 MST 2008

Amazing, my two best cars were a '79 320i and a '91 SHO.

Bought my SHO with 17k on it.  It was running great without ANY major stuff - it was sweet from 3.5k to 5.5k rpm to the end - (I admit, the occsaional switch, door lock and window motor - that's about it) in 183k miles.  Sold it when the first belt drven accessory went - alternator.  Got $1,100 for it.   LOVED that car.

My 320i was also GREAT, picked it up European delivery (CA spec).  Cummuted to & from UCLA to PCH on Sunset Blvd daily for 8.5 years (B.S. & Ph.D) with Bilstein suspension upgrade and 50 series tires - knew where EVERY radar cop hung out.  Never did anything but plugs, points, cap, rotor & oil and put over 100 k on it, gave it to my sister, then sold it and that person was still driving without problems at 200k.

Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Derrick

'66 MkIA sitting waiting for my daughters to finish college ... problem is, they haven't started yet.

Mine

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.starstream.net