[Tigers] Field Stripping a Tiger

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jan 5 12:48:17 MST 2008

Well, the car is disassembled as far as I am gonna take it! I removed
the outer door handles, far easier than I expected for a change. SO the
car's exterior is nude. No windshield, no soft top hide away covers, no
headlight buckets, no nothing.

I do have one final question though and it relates to the small side
cover panels for the soft top cover. There are a couple of rubber trip
pieces at the ends where the center panel rests when closed. There are a
couple of really nice looking rivits, like maybe they were put on by ex
Spitfire fabricator. I need new rubber pieces there as these have long
disappeared but  what and how do the new ones get held on? Do I have to
find an original factory worker to put them on or do I just use some
screws or what?

Car heads to the paint shop Mondayr maybe even tomorrow...

mayf