[Tigers] need a trailer for my tiger - questions

Jerry JCMC2006 at suddenlink.net
Thu Jan 10 15:27:01 MST 2008

Peter,

Some thoughts on trailers -

I had a Wells Cargo brand made - enclosed and has two axles. Some people
might not like the size I decided on, but I like mine very well. I pull it
with a Ford 150 (5.4), and I hardly know it's there.

The size is 16'L x 7'W x 6'H with a V nose, which gives me 19'in total
length. The V nose is well worth it, both in more area inside and in wind
resistance. I've pulled my car in bigger box trailers (24' or 26'), and you
definitely know they are there. I think the trailer weighed more than the
car! Ha.

If it is important to you to have big tool boxes, compressors and the like,
it might be best to get a big box. I take my Tiger to car shows and am able
to carry all the paraphernalia in the trailer or the truck that I need.

If it is a box trailer, you would need to ensure that there is a door on the
driver's side to get in and out of the car.  Also, the trailer door needs to
be low enough so that your car door will clear when opening.  This is also a
consideration on an open trailer.

This is what worked for me.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187