[Tigers] Holley No Start Problem

Steve Sage fastsage at cox.net
Mon May 12 23:22:57 MDT 2008

Well, since I haven't been booted off our Tiger list here yet, here's
another question.

I took the primary fuel bowl off my Holley 4 barrel today, changed the
jets, put everything back together, and now the car won't start.

The fuel bowls filled right up again with 5 pounds of pressure on my
fuel pressure gauge. However, no fuel comes out the squirters.
Completely dry after repeated tries. I adjusted the accelerator pump
spring a bit, but that shouldn't make any difference at start up,
should it?

I've done jet changes before with no problem, but this one has me
stumped. Did I get dirt in there somewhere (I don't think so but who
knows?)? Did I reassemble something incorrectly? Is there something I've
done before but I've forgotten about?

Ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Steve Sage

Database version: 5.09810