[Tigers] Generator disassembly

DJoh797014 at aol.com DJoh797014 at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 21:02:53 MST 2008

Took mine to a local engine shop/parts store for new bearings.
The old geezersaid, ' you need this bearing for the front and this
one for the rear'. Didn'tother to look it up.  Then asked, how
you gonna get the front pulley off.  Give it to me.  I went into  the
back and watched while he use used an arbor press and pressed
out the old bearing and pressed in the new one.  Right tool for
the job.  Cost.  The price of the bearings.

My advice is find an old non-computerized shop.

Dave

In a message dated 11/5/2008 9:36:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,