[Tigers] Fw: motor placement from down under

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 10:00:41 MST 2008

Dave and All- While respecting Dave to the max and know his Beam knowledge is in the top percentile. I have to say that using the lift plate mounted to the intake fixes the bottle jack under the trans. The plate has three lifting holes which allows the engine/tranny to be lifted level or tilted either direction while allowing the ability to lift the front or push down as well. It makes reinstalling the engine/trans from the top or the bottom a much easier task. Someone posted a url of the lift plate some months back and although mine is homade, using an orginal as a template, I cant imangine using any other tool to RandR any engine or engine and tranny, no matter what model auto and especially the Tiger. It doesnt work on a 1725 Alpine engine but anything with an intake becomes much easier.